A wireframe is a rough draft of a website’s or app’s user interface. Creating wireframes is vital in making your website or app efficient, engaging, and navigable. You need the best wireframe tools to ensure your interface has a good foundation. Lucky for you, we made a list of the top wireframe tools that are easy to use.
Figma is the best wireframe tool due to its robust cloud-based design software. Expect no-fuss and straightforward features with some built-in UI components. With Figma, it’s easy to create an artboard, and add text or shapes, layers, and pages. Using its best online whiteboard technology, FigJam means the entire team can easily brainstorm.
- Free for up to 3 Figma and 3 FigJam files
- Professional plan costs $12 per editor per month
- Organization plan costs $45 per editor per month
- Enterprise plan costs $75 per Figma editor per month and $5 per FigJam editor per month
2. Adobe XD
When it comes to beginner-friendly wireframing tools, Adobe XD is the platform you can rely on. Its vector-based design tool can work in tandem with other Adobe programs like Adobe Stock, Adobe Fonts, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Designers will enjoy some features, such as voice triggers, auto-animation, a repeat grid option, and more.
- The Creative Cloud subscription for all apps costs $54.99 per month
3. Axure RP
For UX pros, Axure RP offers the most advanced features that require a learning curve. This tool might be overkill if you’re a beginner in wireframing and interface design. Axure RP is the program for creating low-fi and high-fidelity wireframes with functions users won’t find elsewhere. Some features are animation effects, inspect mode, symbol override, CSS exporting, cloud sharing and storage, and more.
- Pro plan costs $25 per user per month
- Team plan costs $42 per user per month
- Enterprise plan requires you to contact sales
If you’re working with a large team, MockFlow is undeniably the best wireframe tool for you. This software allows you to design wireframes while working with your team in real-time using native keyboard menus and shortcuts. MockFlow’s clean and intuitive interface lets you create and start wireframing without confusion. It also offers many UI features and packages without overwhelming the user.
- Basic plan is free
- Wireframing plan costs $14 per editor per month
- Product Design plan costs $19 per editor per month
- Enterprise plan costs $160 per month, billed annually
One of the best wireframe tools for creating interactive and realistic wireframes, Justinmind doesn’t disappoint as it’s easy and enjoyable to use. Expect to transform your wireframes into a working prototype that you can test. You can add interactive elements, such as dropdown menus, radio buttons, text inputs, and more. Due to its organized interface, this platform saves you hours or days of working on a project. You’ll see all the design elements on the left side and organization elements on the right.
- Free plan
- Standard plan costs $9 per user per month
- Professional plan costs $19 per user per month
- Enterprise plan requires you to get a quote
Framer lets you design and publish with a single click. This tool is your best bet when designing your website, as you get access to top-notch templates wherein you can modify the graphics, style, and structure. You’ll also enjoy the adaptive layout features allowing you to iterate on ideas quickly. Moreover, you can start small and fully customize components and combine them into something more robust. It’s also the only wireframe software that generates animation code you can use in 1:1 production.
- Free plan
- Mini plan costs $5 per site per month
- Basic plan costs $15 per site per month
- Pro plan costs $25 per site per month
- Team Editors plan costs $20 per editor per month
This is a reliable wireframing platform for modern design teams. Marvel lets users do testing, handoff, and rapid prototyping so that design teams can transform their ideas to life. Built with a fast and intuitive design tool, designers can generate design specs instantly and connect integrations for their workflow. The Marvel Enterprise 3 Scale Design is suitable for large teams developing fantastic scale-scale products. It’s powered by a blazing-fast technology that helps large design teams’ productivity.
- Free plan
- Pro plan costs $12 per month
- Team plan costs $42 per month
If one of your wireframing process challenges is handing off design documentation to developers, UXPin can help you with that. This is also the best overall wireframe tool, with clear icons and a vast library of UI elements. Drag and drop elements into your wireframes to make wireframe creation fun and easy. The Merge feature also lets you design with code elements to have realistic prototypes.
- Advanced plan costs $29 per editor per month
- Professional plan costs $69 per editor per month
- Company plan costs $119 per editor per month
- Chat with the sales team for the Enterprise plan
Although Cacoo wasn’t designed for dedicated wireframe creation, it offers an extensive library of 1,500 built-in templates and over 26,000 integrations that make wireframing more efficient. Cacoo is a platform that helps create sitemaps and other diagrams for thoughtful planning. It offers real-time collaboration tools, embedded diagrams, presentation tools, screen sharing, and exporting options.
- Pro plan costs $5 per user per month
- Enterprise plan costs $1,500 per year
Proto.io is the best wireframe platform for anyone with great ideas. Whether you’re a UX designer, product manager, marketer, or entrepreneur, Proto.io requires zero skills in the coding department. With its easy drag-and-drop feature, this software offers the building blocks to get you started. Choose from over 250+ UI components, 1,000+ templates, and more than 6,000+ digital assets.
- Freelancer plan costs $24 per month
- Startup plan costs $40 per month
- Agency plan costs $80 per month
- Corporate plan costs $160 per month