If you’re a new business or one that’s shifting to email, email marketing is an effective way to get more leads and drive traffic. Although written content can persuade subscribers to convert, design is also key to personalizing your emails and promoting your products. You’ll need an expert email designer for the job. And if you’re considering partnering with one, know where to find a freelance email designer!
What Does an Email Designer Do?
- Organizes the layout of an email
- Creates engaging and branded email designs
- Practices graphic design principles in designing beautiful emails
Why Do You Need to Hire a Freelance Email Designer?
- Email designers can personalize your email designs
- They can create branded templates for future use
- You can focus on other focus areas and departments while the email designer is occupied with creating compelling designs
Types of Email Designers
- Graphic designers - Most email designers have a background in graphic design. You can rely on them for the latest graphic and email design trends. Plus, they ensure that your email designs will convince your leads to click on them and result in more success for your email marketing campaigns.
- Email marketers - Some email marketers will have experience in email design. After all, design is accessible now because of intuitive graphic design editors. Additionally, they have the know-how on the content and layout that would convert leads into customers.
- UI/UX designers - Although UI/UX designers primarily work on apps and websites, they can also design emails. After all, they provide a better user experience on a website. They can also achieve that with email design!
- Web developers - Some web developers have email design experience, considering that emails also involve code. They’ll probably work on the development side, but they can acquire design skills when needed.
How Much Does it Cost to Design an Email?
When you hire a freelance email designer, you can pay as low as $10 per project. However, that price wouldn’t be a comprehensive package. It could only be one email design, and that’s it. That’s why you should review design packages on freelance sites. This way, you can get multiple design options and templates.
What Email Design Software Do Email Designers Use?
If you’re hiring a freelance email designer, you can provide them with software. This way, they save money on subscription costs. Plus, by using the same software, you can seamlessly edit and collaborate with the designer anytime. Here are the tools to design your emails:
Even in the free plan, Canva lets you collaborate with your team to work on the designs together. Plus, you can further customize your email designs with Canva Pro by adding Brand Kits. Additionally, if you don’t have branded email designs yet, a freelancer can browse various templates. This way, they can use this template as a basis for your designs.
MailChimp is another trusted software for creating emails. With their expertise in email marketing, you and your freelancer can use this app to get well-designed templates to convert leads into customers. Unfortunately, if you’re on the free plan, you can’t add more users. However, the paid plans will allow you to collaborate with your designer. Plus, you can access the Creative Assistant feature to add branding to your email design.
Klaviyo is a popular email marketing software used by most email designers. It has a free option, ideal for new and small businesses. However, if you want to send more than 500 emails in one month, you need to upgrade. Additionally, your designer can use templates to design your emails.
Where to Find Freelance Email Designers
Email designers are easy to find. You can go to any freelance site and search “email designer.” But we’ve narrowed down the best sites to connect with an email designer.
Since email design can be a short-term project, Fiverr is one of the best sites to find freelancers for your emails. Most email design packages start at $10. The designers ensure that you’ll get responsive and editable email designs.
Behance is a graphic design portfolio site. You can browse and hire designers from the site by messaging them directly with their contact information. However, some designers don’t have their contact info publicly, which means you have to sign up and send them a message. The designers can provide modern email templates that fit your brand.
You can also browse Upwork when finding email designers. One advantage of hiring from Upwork is seeing the freelancer’s portfolio and reviews from previous clients. They have higher rates compared to Fiverr since they have years of marketing or development experience under their belts.
Our final option in finding the best email designers for your team is 99Designs. You have two options for connecting with freelancers. First, you can contact freelancers directly via the marketplace. You’ll have to invite them to a project before hiring them. Or, if you can’t wait and can shell out a couple hundred bucks for various designs, you can use their design contest feature. Their email design prices start at $249.
Alternatives to Freelance Email Designers
There are three alternatives to freelance email designers. Note that these options are more long-term and suitable for businesses needing more than just email designs.
- In-house graphic designer - Instead of hiring various designers, an in-house graphic designer would be an ideal solution for businesses needing designs regularly. With this option, you can talk to the designer anytime to create email templates. Plus, they can build email designs for any campaign immediately.
- Agency - Agencies are another alternative. This is a great option if you’re rebranding or want to build your brand. As for the assets provided by agencies, it depends on what you’ve discussed and arranged with them when you get a quote or proposal.
- Unlimited graphic design service - Our final choice is the unlimited graphic design service. They’re a cost-effective solution, allowing you to request designs anytime you need them. Plus, they have a quick turnaround rate and unlimited revisions. Moreover, you can cancel anytime if you no longer have a high design demand!