Logos are a must-have for any business. It’s why big brands like Nike and Apple have become household names and are recognized immediately. And they didn’t rely on AI logo makers nor do it themselves. Instead, they hired professionals to whip up their famous logos. And if you want to follow in their footsteps, you can hire a professional logo designer or use a logo design service. But where can you find them?
Types of Logo Design Services
- Design contests
- Graphic design companies
- Print shops
- Subscription services
Why Should You Hire a Logo Design Service?
- They save you time and money in the long run, as opposed to using a generic logo produced by a logo maker
- The professional knows the five basic principles of logo design
- They know the file types you need for every branding asset
- Graphic designers know how to communicate your messaging visually
- They will help you make a great first impression
Logo Design Services
The best site to find a freelancer is going on a freelance platform like Fiverr. You can browse for freelancers when you search “logo design.” From there, you can select a freelancer to help you design your fantastic logo. An alternative to browsing is choosing “Fiverr Business.” With this, you can find vetted talent.
- Cheaper alternative to most logo design services
- Various design options
- Can’t guarantee the legitimacy of the freelancer
- Limited revisions available
Pricing: Starts at $5 per project or hour
Toptal is another leading choice for small businesses to get logo designs. The freelance platform prides itself in vetting the top 3% of freelancers worldwide. In addition, they have a rigorous vetting process to ensure only the best of the best are part of their exclusive platform.
- Offers a two-week trial when matched with a designer
- They use an AI to match you with a freelancer
- $500 initial deposit for the first invoice generated
- It can be expensive for small businesses
Toptal estimated that designers charge starting from $70/hr
99designs is a hybrid freelance platform and design contest. That said, you have two options to get your logo. The first is the “Find a designer” option. This enables you to search and filter your design needs. On the other hand, if you don’t want to browse but need different options, you can start a design contest.
- You get various logo designs
- Talk to a freelancer directly if a design contest isn’t for you
- A design contest can break the bank
- You can’t guarantee quality designs on the lower tier for design contests
Freelance packages start from $200 (prices available for top-level designers only)
Design contests start from $299
DesignCrowd is another hybrid design contest and freelance site. According to the site, there are over 1,000,000 freelancers ready to take on your logo design request. You can either get 20 to 100+ logos from a design contest.
- A more affordable choice than 99designs
- You can browse logo designers by country
- Like 99designs, you can’t guarantee quality designs
- It’s best to hire a designer if you need a logo urgently
Pricing: Starts at $99
An alternative to freelance platforms is graphic design portfolio sites. One is Dribbble, where you can find thousands of freelancers to contact for logo design work. They require you to sign up for an account to view freelance portfolios and contact them for work. Instead of browsing portfolios, you can search for designers with their “Designer Search” platform. Or you can also post a job advertisement to attract talent for your new project or an opening in your company.
- Search for various portfolios
- You can sign up for a Dribbble account and immediately contact a freelancer with their provided contact details
- Listing a job posting is paid
- No refunds are offered after subscribing to their service
Pricing: Starting at $15/hr (estimates provided by Dribbble)
Dribbble’s competitor is Behance. Like Dribbble, you can post a job listing or browse on their “Hire” page to find a list of all available freelancers. On the “Hire” page, you can choose between full-time designers or freelance ones to filter your search.
- Manage job postings easier on the platform
- You can post your job listings internally or redirect them to an external link
- You need to sign up on the site to view freelancer profiles and send them a message
- Free job postings available for a limited time
Betterteam discloses that Behance has a single job posting for $399 and an unlimited job posting for $1499/mo.
One example of a subscription-based logo design service is Penji. With Penji, you can start requesting your design projects once you subscribe. The subscription-based service has one app where you can communicate with designers. Plus, you can request revisions with their point-and-click system. And within 1 to 2 days, you can get the first draft of your logo!
- Request many logo variations and other design projects or a new designer
- Unlimited revisions
- Ideal for high-volume design demand
- Communication with designers is limited to the app
Pricing: Starting at $499/mo
Another unlimited graphic design service to consider is Kimp for all your logo design needs. With Kimp, you can receive your first draft and revisions in 24 hours. In addition, Kimp is collaborative.
- Offers a 7-day free trial before you can fully commit
- Discounts for multiple subscriptions
- They don’t have their app or platform
- Designs are shared via Google Drive
Pricing: Starting at $599/mo
Your logo is worth investing in, and you don’t want to skimp on it. It’s your best visual asset against your competitors. Plus, it’s the best way to present your brand to your target audience. That’s why you must reach out to a designer or design service to create your unique logo. This way, you’ll have a leg up on the competition, and your brand will be recognizable and memorable.