A web designer creates the layout, structure, appearance, and sometimes content of a website. Professional ones would need coding to craft a website from scratch. However, most web designers prefer a no-coding required platform. And this is how web design tools are built nowadays—easy to use and affordable. These are the top seven website design tools you must try.
The developers behind Figma had an epiphany in 2011. They’re designers who want to make design accessible to everyone. So the founders devised a plan to make these tools available on the web, and Figma was born.
- Enjoy sticky notes, diagrams, and workshops in FigJam, an online whiteboard where you and your team can collaborate
- Use FigJam and Figma for ideation and execution
- Use smart animation and dynamic overlays to get feedback on interactive prototypes
- Searchable assets and shareable styles
- Professional $12/editor/month
- Organization $45/editor/month
2. Adobe XD
A vector-based design platform, Adobe XD helps you create the most realistic prototypes. Available on both Mac and Windows, this powerful tool could be your team’s next go-to in web design tools.
- Streamline the reuse of common elements, such as buttons and navigation through the Components feature
- Save time by using Stacks and Padding when rearranging content sections, dynamic content, or modal design
- Automate the process of repeating content through the Repeat Grid feature
- Use 3D Transforms if you want to add perspective to your web designs
- Shareable libraries let you stay aligned with branding and across disciplines
- 7-day free trial
- Monthly $9.99
- Yearly $9.99
One of the best web design tools that everyone can use, MockFlow is a quick and easy solution for experts and beginners alike. It helps developers and designers create wireframes and perform testing through every product design step.
- Whiteboard interface that helps brainstorm UI
- Up-to-date UI wireframe libraries
- Offers built-in team chat, live presentation modes, and video conferences to help collaborate through virtual meetings
- Streamline the product design process with over 20+ powerups
- Easy integration with MS teams and Slack
- Basic with no time limit $0
- Wireframing $14/editor/month
- Product Design $19/editor/month
- Enterprise $160/annual
GIMP is one of the best open-source image manipulation platforms that anyone can use for their web design process. GIMP is free to use for all your image editing, free-form drawing, raster graphics editing, transcoding, and more. It’s available on macOS, Windows, and Linux.
- Transform images into powerful and unique masterpieces
- Use the platform for icons, graphical design components, mockups, and user interface components
- Offers multi-language support, such as C++, C, Python, Perl, Scheme, and more
- Top-notch color management for high-fidelity color reproduction across online and print
- Extensibility and flexibility give users a high level of customization
Almost 50 percent of the websites on the web are built on WordPress, making this one of the most popular web design tools. Bloggers, large corporations, and small ventures rely on WordPress for website creation.
- Beautiful and stylish themes and one-click layouts
- Drag-and-drop feature with a massive collection of features, layouts, and design patterns
- Intuitive, built-in editor
- Install over 50k+ themes and plugins
- Get real support from WordPress’s Happiness Engineers whenever you get stuck or need a hand setting up
- Personal $160/year
- Premium $333/year
- Business $933/year
- Ecommcer $1,679/year
6. InVision Studio
If you’re looking for robust web design software for rapid prototyping and advanced animation, InVision Studio is your best bet. Deemed the world’s most powerful screen design platform, InVision Studio helps with product design creation.
- Multiplayer whiteboard so teams can get work done in time real-time
- Use other tools with InVision through powerful integrations
- Enjoy pre-built templates, interactive widgets and reactions, and organized spaces
- InVision’s Freehand feature is your centralized hub where your team brainstorms, collaborates, monitors, and gets work done
- Freehand integrates with your favorite web design tools and project management software, such as Google Docs, Asana, Zoom, etc.
- Freehand Pro $4/active user/month
- Freehand Enterprise—Get a quote
Sketch is the all-in-one web design tool to ensure that collaboration is top-notch. You can rely on this tool for ease of use and powerful features, from ideation to playable prototypes.
- Browse over 700 extensions, plugins, integrations, and assistants for your interactive animations
- Best for macOS since it’s a native macOS editor
- Easy collaboration by sending a link to team members so they can provide feedback
- Work and collaborate in real-time inside the Mac app
- Store files, share ideas, and get feedback in the Sketch Workspace
- Quick and easy developer handoff
- 30 days free trial, with no credit card required
- Standard $9/editor/month
- Business $20/editor/month
How to Choose Web Design Tools: 5 Factors to Look For
Choosing the best web design tools ensures a quality outcome with a hassle-free design process and team collaboration. Here are some factors to consider:
- Free or low-cost: Since there is no shortage of web design tools online, choose a low-cost platform. Better yet, go for open-source ones in case you want to customize your code in the future.
- Exportable: Make sure the web design software lets you export your website to other programs if you want to switch hosts.
- Easy to use: A web design application must be easy to use, with no coding required and drag-and-drop capabilities.
- Mobile compatibility: Mobile-friendly websites are crucial because users often search from their phones. Your website design software must offer mobile compatibility features.
- Responsive: Ensure your chosen website design program builds a responsive website to cater to user experience.
You can’t go wrong with these web design tools. They’re easy to use, laden with various features, offer powerful integrations, and are easy on the budget! So what are you waiting for? Start creating a beautiful website and grow your business in 2023!