From establishing your image to creating marketing strategies, graphic design is a vital business asset. Great graphic design helps you get credibility, memorability, and value, among many other benefits. And so, for this, you need the help of a graphic designer.
How to find a freelance graphic designer, you may ask? Here are the top 8 places where you can do your search:
Probably the most sought-after online job marketplaces the world over, Upwork has millions of users. You can find just about any worker here, from accountants to graphic designers. The types of designers you’ll find here vary greatly; from newbies to expert levels, they are here.
You can connect with great talents on this platform in two ways. One is to post a job ad and wait to receive the proposals. The second is to browse projects planned by the talents there. In both cases, you can contact them directly and find the right one for you.
- Wide selection of talents
- Competitive prices
- Payment protection in place
- Not free from scammers
- No vetting for freelancers
2. Unlimited Graphic Design Subscription
The most affordable option is to use an unlimited graphic design service. These types of services are great options for those who do not want to make the commitment of signing a contract.
So, for a fixed monthly rate, you can request as many designs as you need. You won’t have to pay for every project that you want, unlike with freelancers. You won’t even have to worry about a freelancer abandoning your work for better-paying clients.
- Flat monthly rates
- Quick turnaround times
- Not suitable if you only have a few projects to create
- Communication is done only through their app
A community made specifically for designers, Dribbble is a social networking platform that also serves as a self-promotion site. Designers of all types come here to showcase their works to get clients, network, and gain feedback, among others.
You can use the platform’s filters to either find a design specialty or see who’s looking for work. The work and portfolios of the designers are prominently displayed, so it’s easy to find the right fit for the job you have at hand.
- Huge selection of talents
- Simple and easy to navigate UI
- Features such as job board and playbook make finding the right candidate quick and easy
- Not customizable
- Focuses more on trends and less on classics and other genres
For a curated online marketplace experience, Toptal is the one for you. They guarantee customer satisfaction as they match you with a designer that fits your requirements. They have strict screening and testing processes to ensure that you are matched with only the best.
They offer a no-risk trial period to allow you to explore the site and find a freelance graphic designer. This takes the guesswork out before committing. And instead of browsing through thousands of resumes, the platform will shorten the list for you.
- The strict screening process assures you with quality people
- Find a freelance graphic designer in just 24 hours
- Superb customer support
- Can be expensive
- Suitable for bigger companies
With millions of resumes on their database, Freelancer is an excellent way to find freelance graphic designers. You are sure to find a wide variety of skill sets, whether graphic designers or other workers. Both you and the freelancer will have to pay an amount that makes for accountability and assurance that a project won’t go abandoned.
You can also find an array of graphic design experiences as well as prices that will fit any budget. Their payment management system also helps lessen the risks of being scammed.
- Offers several ways to find a freelance graphic designer
- Wide variety of jobs available
- Offers contest posting
- Scammers abound
- Poor customer service
A combination of Dribbble and Upwork, Designhill features a job marketplace and a portfolio showcasing site. Their crowdsourcing model allows you to choose from an array of designs every time you submit a proposal. They also have other ways to hire a freelance designer.
Designhill also offers monthly packages that let you send requests as many times as you can in a month. Their option for holding a contest is another great way to find a freelancer.
- Lower prices and a wide selection of designs to choose from
- Offers free design consultations
- 24/7 chat support
- The massive number of users can be overwhelming
- Originality of design can’t be guaranteed
Another popular place for designers and artists to display their works is Behance. At a glance, you’ll find beautiful works of art, making it impossible not to find the right designer for the job. Explore the portfolios until you discover one you like.
Behance was acquired by Adobe in December of 2012. Thus, you have to sign up to Adobe Talent through Adobe Creative Cloud to hire someone. They offer monthly packages, but there are several ways to post a job ad for free.
- Viewing of portfolios is made easy
- Features case studies
- Offers a wide range of skillsets
- The free job posting is done only through an Adobe Creative Cloud account
- Not everyone on the site is looking for work
Boasting lower rates and affordable graphic design work, PeoplePerHour is another popular online job marketplace. Their database is so varied you’re sure to find a freelance designer fit for any budget. You can find designers for hourly or per-project works.
PeoplePerHour was initially created for the European market, but globalization has made it accessible for anyone in the world. This means there are many options and talents for you to choose from.
- Has project management tools to help you find the right candidate
- Offers multiple payment options
- Has a global freelance directory
- Little to no customer support
- Spam and scam accounts on the platform