Voice-over adds a professional advantage to your project. You can get excellent work at a better price by hiring a freelancer. That is if you know the places to hire one. So, if you want to create voicemail greetings or explainer videos, these voice-over websites can help you hire the best talents.
Voices is a voice-over and audio production platform for musicians, producers, and translators. Currently, over 4 million voice artists from over 160 countries have signed up for the site. The platform has posted over 500,000 jobs, so you're sure to find great voice-over actors here.
- Job Posting and Promotion. The platform connects you with a talent pool based on your needs and projects. It has a filter function that allows you to search by keyword, skills, and location.
- Collaboration Tools. Voices feature some collaboration tools to help you work with your chosen voice-over talent and team.
- Payment Options and Vendor Support. This freelancer marketplace protects your payment data via SurePay.
Price: Starts at $100
Upwork has an impressive list of highly experienced voice-over artists. Upwork covers every purpose you can think of, such as narration, characters, and audio editing. Plus, there's a ton of diversity in tone, gender, location, and accent.
Upwork can be pricier than other voice-over websites, but you get access to certified professionals and voice-acting agencies. If you're willing to pay a higher hourly rate, Upwork is worth trying.
It is easy to screen voice-over artists on Upwork. You can see how many hours the freelancer works per week, their average response time, and their completed jobs and client reviews.
- Proposal Reviewing. Post a job on Upwork with your specifications, and freelance voice actors can apply and submit bids.
- Project Catalog. Save time browsing through voice-over projects freelancers have posted.
- Project Management. File sharing, time tracking, a chat function, and video messaging make the process of working with your voice-over artist easier.
- Mobile App. Upwork's mobile app works on iOS and Android and lets both clients and freelancers keep in touch on the go.
Price: Starts at $10 per hour
ACX is a website for authors with freelance voice actors who can narrate their books in audio format. If you are an author looking for a voice-over artist to translate your book into an audio format, ACX is the best platform to try.
- Step-by-step instructions and flexible payment options help turn your words into audio.
- ACX helps you to tell stories and reach millions by streamlining the review process and building your fan base.
- Get an instant analysis of your audio using essential metrics.
Price: Not published
4. People Per Hour
Peopleperhour is a user-friendly freelance site with over 1,500 voice-over artists, primarily from the US and UK. Hourly pay rates range from under $15 to well over $60, so there are a lot of options for different budgets. You can browse freelance voice actors on Peopleperhour or post a project that meets your requirements and budget.
- Easy to use. PeoplePerHour is an accessible platform with an intuitive design and a visual interface.
- Outsourcing of projects. It helps you manage all the projects outside the office and the website.
- Hiring Options. This freelance marketplace gives business owners options to engage in multiple ways. You can search for offers on PeoplePerHour and view the ratings and the available service package.
- Scoring algorithm. PeoplePerHour utilizes a scoring algorithm to rate freelancers. The algorithm is crucial for rating sellers based on their skills and performance.
Price: Starts at $15 per hour
You can maximize your chances by posting a project or starting a contest instead of browsing for freelancers. When you post a project on Freelancer.com, voice-over artists will apply with their rates and details. Screen your applicants to weed out red flags, then pick the voice actor you like the most.
- Desktop App: Use Freelancer.com's desktop app to collaborate with your voice-over artist. It allows you to share notes and track your freelancer's hours to ensure accurate payment.
- Milestone Payments: Your funds are protected by Freelancer.com and are only released when your voice-over artist completes the work or reaches an agreed milestone.
- Project Success Manager: Contact one of Freelancer.com's success managers to get feedback and support on issues that come up. A success manager can also help you find the perfect voice-over artist for your job.
- Live Chat: You can talk to your freelancer as they work to stay updated on the project.
Price: The lowest average bid for a voice-over job is $6 per hour
Focused on finding freelance performing artists, Backstage is the best website to connect with an actor who offers voice-over services. Backstage is a website where your acting talent is exposed!
With Backstage, you can create a job posting inviting a talent to audition for your audition notice.
- Casting Opportunities. Backstage.com has an extensive database of casting opportunities. It is a valuable resource for actors and performers looking to find auditions and roles in various entertainment fields.
- User-Friendly Interface. Backstage.com is often praised for its user-friendly website and mobile app. The platform is designed to make it easy for artists to navigate and apply for auditions.
- Diverse Range of Opportunities: Backstage.com caters to various areas of performing arts, including theater, film, television, and even voice acting.
- Customer Support: Customer service experiences vary, with some users reporting positive interactions while others have had issues with response times and support.
Price: Starts at $16.66 per month
The six voice-over websites are dedicated for freelancers who offer various voice-over services for businesses. Freelance voice actors perform voice-overs for videos, audiobooks, voicemail greetings, animations, video games, podcasts, and advertisements. Since they are mostly freelancers, these voice-over artists are contractors who are often hired for short-term projects. But, sometimes, you can also hire them full-time if you both agree to it.